Monday, March 21, 2011

T-Minus 2 Weeks to Malaysia!

In 10 days I will be heading to Malaysia! I am going to be a chaperon for one of my school's Habitat For Humanity trips, and so on April 1st I will be heading to Kuching (on the Borneo part of Malaysia) with 12 high school students and a high school teacher as the other chaperon. We will be spending 9 days in Malaysia (5 building, 2 R&R, and 2 travel days) with the [obvious] primary objective of building a house for a needy family in the Kuching community. But, we will also be getting a city tour, and will go on a 9-hour kayaking adventure with stops at an Orangutan wildlife preservation and also a traditional Malaysian long house. Needless to say, I am absolutely psyched! I've never really been anywhere in southeast Asia before (except Nepal), and this should be a truly unique experience. The countdown is on and I am sure I will have loads of stories and adventures to share upon my return. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment