Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Animals!

The souq sold pretty much all the normal souq stuff... Traditional dress, spices, junky toys from China, etc. However, this souq also had ANIMALS! And cool/disturbingly enough, they do weird things with them...

Like dye chicks in technicolors! I kept telling Jared I wanted a pink chick to bring home... Cute yet disturbing.

Then there were bunnies, just hanging out on a tray. Not contained in any way, as was the general trend of the animal section at Waqif Souq.

Happy Easter from the Cadbury Waqif Bunny! They were absolutely adorable, but I was curious what the ASPCA would have to say about it.

Birds were just hanging out too... Not sure why they didn't fly away as it is an open air market. There was also a colorful toucan I missed taking a photo of that Jared was sure was going to peck off some woman's finger who was baiting it. Only in the Middle East!

Some sort of lizard. He was the only caged animal I saw the whole time. Needless to say, I was a little bit obsessed with the animals at the souq....

1 comment: