Saturday, May 29, 2010

Souqs

I decided to try on a belly dancing costume 'just for fun' while we were at the Textile Souq. The guy working at the shop had me convinced that I was quite talented. Jared was less than impressed...

Oogling the engagement ring bling at the Gold Souq. Jared's expression is priceless.. I think it's stress and dismay.

On Friday, the first day I had off to spend with our guests, we decided to continue the Souq theme of the previous night and took them to the Fish Souq. Goble and Renee LOVE fish, so were excited to not only see the market, but also barter for our dinner and have a Fish BBQ in our garden on Friday night. The following is the progression of our shopping experience:

Crab Man reluctantly posing for me and displaying his 'wares' with a gruff look on his face.

Jared bickering with the Crab Man over price, as the Crab Man is shoving about 10 crabs into a plastic bag.

Success! Three Blue Crabs successfully purchased, at a lower than market price. Now, how the hell are we going to cook them?!

No comments:

Post a Comment