Sunday, May 23, 2010

Summer (officially).

Well, as of today, I can say that summer has officially arrived in Dubai. I say that because, although it has been pretty hot here for at least the last month (up into the 100's most days now), my sunglasses fogged up today for the first time. That's my official kick off to summer symbol. It reminded me of when we first moved here in September and it was 120 degrees everyday with 60-70% humidity. On some of my first days here I was completely surprised to discover that as soon as I stepped out the door of the hotel we were living in at the time, that my sunglasses would instantaneously fog up due to the sudden change in temperature and humidity (from 65 degrees AC to 120 degree humidity). Yuck. That unpleasant sensation hasn't happened in about 8 months, and sadly now that it has returned, I have realized that the summer heat is here to stay. Anyone have a nice villa somewhere in Europe (or really anywhere else in the world, outside the US [for tax reasons] more temperate than here) that we can crash at for a month or so this summer??? I suspect it's going to be a very long and unpleasant summer. Yuck Yuck Yuck.

In other news, we have been having a lovely visit with our friends Goble and Renee who are visiting at the moment, and have been enjoying trying out more new activities we've never done before. Busy busy hosting, but photos and updates to come in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment